[fpc-pascal] Patch: new XML export for FCL-DB ready for inclusion, issue 19790 - includes Delphi Clientdataset

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Jul 27 20:52:57 CEST 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> Update: includes first stab at Delphi Clientdataset. Please test with
> various datatypes as I haven't been able to map all of them...

I added your implementation to SVN.

But you may want to check your implementation on 64-bit prior to submitting.

Code like

       ftWideString: //fixed length or at least max length string
       begin
         TDOMElement(ColumnNode).SetAttribute('fieldtype', 'string');
         TDOMElement(ColumnNode).SetAttribute('WIDTH',
           UTF8Decode(string(ExportFields.Fields[ItemCounter].Field.Size)));
       end;

Is dead wrong. It passes on 32-bit (but generating wrong data),
but fails to compile on 64-bit.

The compiler has a warning for this, so checking your warnings while
compiling for 32-bit may also be a good idea.

Michael.