[fpc-pascal] Re: Library for network calculation

Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior jagfj80 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 21:27:30 CEST 2011

I dont like to take local variable initialization for granted.

Even if the manual says that its guaranteed that a local variable will
start with 0,
i prefer to initialize everything to a known value myself.

An aditional

Move $varaddress, 00

at startup wont slow things down noticeably when your pc is running at 2ghz...

This unit needs to take care of big endian vs. low endian (maybe a $define ?)

When i wrote that code i did not pay attention to this...

Anything more complex (like interacting with DHCP server) would be too
complex and probably dependent on external units (like synapse x lnet
etc). Some people might prefer to use other library instead of the
default choosen one, etc...

2011/7/26 Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>:
> On 26.07.2011 01:23, Paul Nicholls wrote:
>>
>> "Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior"
>> <jagfj80 at gmail.com>  wrote in message
>> news:CAAHHabS9aUe9gwyNjkve-XVXsRyf2UPsArh6=fSDPGoKugjfsA at mail.gmail.com...
>>>
>>> Some time ago someone asked for a library able to do network
>>> calculations.
>>>
>>> Here is something that might evolve into such library :
>>>
>> <SNIP>
>>>
>>> Function NetMaskToHostMask(NetMask : TNetworkIP): TNetworkIP;
>>> Begin
>>> Result.Mode := False;
>>> NetMask.Mode := False;
>>> Result.IP := NetMask.IP Xor %11111111111111111111111111111111;