[fpc-pascal] simple messagebox for windows

John Lee johnelee0 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:24:08 CEST 2011

I need a simple messagebox (or msgbox) for windows - that doesn't depend
(use) a whole load of lcl or other stuff - did I miss this in the fpc docs -
sounds as if it ought to be in sysutils - but isn't!  I just want to output
a message to a titled box, and maybe get an ok button press, with a n sec
timeout.

Seems as if 'dialogs'  has the functionality, but it not sure what other
stuff I need to compile it.

Alternatively maybe I should make my own using the windows api- anyone got a
short example of this?

Any ideas welcome...

John