[fpc-pascal] Re: Permuted index (KWIC) of function descriptions

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Fri Jan 28 19:18:46 CET 2011

On Fri, January 28, 2011 10:29, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Graeme Geldenhuys said:
>> > As far as I remember the chm search only indexes whole words. So
>> > searching for "space" would not return "LotsOfSpace" I'm not sure if
>> it
>> > would find "SpaceFoo" since it starts with space.
>>
>> That's the problem with CHM viewers, they are all in varying states of
>> what they support or how good they perform at such tasks. Linux alone
>> has about 5 or more CHM viewers, and they are all pretty crap in their
>> own way.
>
> Did I miss something? Does the .INF viewer in the textmode IDE
> spontaneously
> support search now?
>
> IOW, the situation with .INF is exactly the same :-)

Well, I believe that the point made by Graeme was primarily related to
existence of good CHM viewers for Linux, not to the format itself (this
time at least ;-) ) or support of this or that format in our textmode IDE.
Nevertheless, having the support of searching added also to our IDE would
be indeed nice. ;-) Proper support for IBM .INF documents (including the
OS/2 API documentation) in his viewer would be very nice too. ;-)))

Tomas