[fpc-pascal] Re: Visitor pattern

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 09:01:43 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-24 12:35, Juha Manninen het geskryf:

> Is this visitor pattern something that I should care about?
> I have programmed quite much and never needed it.

The Visitor pattern is extremely handy. tiOPF use in for so much, from
find objects, changing properties over many objects, processing what
objects need to be loaded or saved to/from a persistence layer etc...

> Guess I need to study tiOPF finally. It is on my ToDo list anyway.

tiOPF was designed for Object Persistence, but it has grown to have so
many nice features and utilities, I find myself often using the base
classes (or some other features like Logging) of tiOPF for non-db
projects too.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/