[fpc-pascal] Re: Weird interface behavior

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 08:58:06 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-23 18:43, leledumbo het geskryf:

>> You can force more 'Java Compatible' behaviour, I suspect, by choosing
> CORBA interfaces.
>> So if the problem then goes away, you know that the ref. counting was the
>> problem.
>
> Yup, that's indeed the problem. I forgot that FPC's interface defaults to
> COM as in Delphi while Java uses CORBA. Thanks, problem solved.

I must add, I also think the FPC Interfaces should NOT default to COM,
because that is just one platform (Windows) out of many that FPC
supports. Many developers that use Interfaces, simply don't need or want
the memory management that comes default. Thus defaulting FPC's
interfaces to a pure language feature (thus no extras like COM or memory
management - meaning using CORBA style as default) seems a lot more
logical to me.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/