[fpc-pascal] Permuted index (KWIC) of function descriptions

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 14:18:29 CET 2011

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be said:
>>> IntToBin       Converts         inserting spaces at
>>> IsEmptyStr     Check     disregaring whitespace characters
>>>
>>> That's somewhat abbreviated so that it's not screwed too badly by wrap.
>> Creating such an index requires additional keywords, which are simply not
>> present now.
>
> Categorization of routines (string,file etc) would be a good place to start.
> I have thought about this before (for chm), but while the CHM format
> supports this (building e.g. a list of string routines over multiple
> independantly compiled CHMs), the Windows viewer's support for this is too
> basic, and the *nix viewers are even worse.
>
> It seems to be functionality intended for MSDN that never was finished
> because of the move to later formats.
>
>> That said, I am still looking for a good search engine *written in Object
>> pascal* for the FPC html docs. Any hints/tips are appreciated.
>
> CHM has a basic phrase indexer, and it operates on the html. The search part
> is maybe part of the viewer, and one would have to see how complex it is.
> (Iow if the complexity is in index or search, if the search is relative
> simple one could look at kchmviewer)

I used something called Perlfect Search for a while- which might fulfil
Michael's criterion if Lazarus could handle Perl plugins :-)

As shipped though I think it was oriented towards word (rather than
phrase) indexing, and it had a limit of 64K files.

Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk