[SOLVED] Re: [fpc-pascal] Basic instructions for quick start of free basic setup with subversion.

Peter E Williams pewslinuxvault at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:02:52 CET 2011

Hello Henry,

Fond Regards, Peter Eric WILLIAMS
--- Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
--- Phone: +61 (03) 6236-9675
My free websites are:  http://pewink.info   (&)
   http://pewslinuxvault.googlepages.com

On 24 January 2011 05:58, Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/01/11 07:17, Peter E Williams wrote:
>>
>> Hi Marcos,
>>
>> I am up to the point of using the file:
>>
>> fpc-2.4.2.i386.linux.tar
>>
>> your instructions are for a .tar.gz file not a .tar file
>>
>> your instructions read
>>
>> su
>> password: xxxxxx
>> // I will amend
>> // cp fpc-2.2.4.source.tar.gz /usr/local/src/
>> cp fpc-2.4.2.i386.linux.tar /usr/local/src/
>> cd /usr/local/src/
>>
>> tar -xvzf fpc-2.4.2.i386.tar
>> // does not work because it expects a .tar.gz file not a .tar file
>> // one of the parameters needs to be changed.
>
> `man tar`

Don't you see what I am doing? I am debugging the documentation.
Debugging code and manuals is a skill which I have. I have
schizophrenia and autism and I hate reading manuals. Please tell me
the correct instruction to replace this one so that I can continue to
debug the documentation.

>> tar -xvzf fpc-2.4.2.i386.tar

Your assistance will be appreciated and the dividends will be
corrected documentation.