[fpc-pascal] Basic instructions for quick start of free basic setup with subversion.

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Sun Jan 23 01:55:45 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Peter Eric Williams
<piffle.the.cat at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Hi pascal list,
>
> Please excuse me asking such a basic question, but I'm new to this list.
>
> I require the basic instructions for quick start with subversion for all of
> the free pascal compiler using subversion.
>
> I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and I am new to Free Pascal and Lazarus.
>
> I have previously used Linux Ubuntu and Mint 10 with stable version of free
> Pascal and Lazarus.
>
> I am not wanting to use a pirate copy of Delphi XE and I am a supporter of
> free pascal and the GNU GPL 3 license.
>
> I have been reading the Development Tutorial (a.k.a Build FAQ)
>
> Copy and paste follows from the Dev. Tut. pdf file, section 1.3.3 (with my
> comments //). Please note the crap characters when I copy and pasted it.
>
> 1.3.3 Downloading source via SVN
> „To c™he™k out a— module use the follow line:
> svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/<module>/trunk <module>
> #
> # Examples:
> #
> # FPC
> # svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk fpc
> #
> # fpcdocs
> #
> svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk fpcdocs
> #
> # fpcprojects (has no branches, maybe you don't need /trunk at the end)
> #
> svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcprojects/trunk fpcprojects
> #
> # lazarus
> #
> svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk lazarus
>> o ™he™k out — ˜r—n™hD repl—™e  trunk  in the —˜ove lines with the
> ˜r—n™hesG`˜r—n™h n—mebF iFgF to ™he™k out the ˜r—n™h
> (xes•P•RX
>
> // to check out a branch replace trunk in the above lines with
> branches/<branch name> E.g. To checkout the branches_2.4
>

> 5
> \href{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v24/source/fpc.zip}{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v24/source/fpc.zip
> 6
> \href{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v25/source/fpc.zip}{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v25/source/fpc.zip
> development series)}
> (2.2.x)}
> (2.5.x
> CHAPTER 1.
> BASE PRINCIPLES, NAMING, VERSIONS, REQUIREMENTS ETC
> IQ
> svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_4 fpc-2.4.x
> ƒpe™i(™ rele—ses —re t—gged with — t—g th—t is form—ted like ‚ivieƒi•P•R•H D
> —nd ™—n ˜e ™he™ked out like thisX
> svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/RELEASE_2_4_0 fpc-2.4.0

I had some problems when I tried install FPC and Lazarus on WinXP.
So, after I made this tutorial:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29

...any installation on Windows I always use it.

Marcos Douglas