[fpc-pascal] Basic instructions for quick start of free basic setup with subversion.

Peter Eric Williams piffle.the.cat at iinet.net.au
Sat Jan 22 20:31:53 CET 2011

Hi pascal list,

Please excuse me asking such a basic question, but I'm new to this list.

I require the basic instructions for quick start with subversion for all
of the free pascal compiler using subversion.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and I am new to Free Pascal and Lazarus.

I have previously used Linux Ubuntu and Mint 10 with stable version of
free Pascal and Lazarus.

I am not wanting to use a pirate copy of Delphi XE and I am a supporter
of free pascal and the GNU GPL 3 license.

I have been reading the Development Tutorial (a.k.a Build FAQ)

Copy and paste follows from the Dev. Tut. pdf file, section 1.3.3 (with
my comments //). Please note the crap characters when I copy and pasted it.

1.3.3 Downloading source via SVN
„To c™he™k out a— module use the follow line:
svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/<module>/trunk <module>
#
# Examples:
#
# FPC
# svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk fpc
#
# fpcdocs
#
svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk fpcdocs
#
# fpcprojects (has no branches, maybe you don't need /trunk at the end)
#
svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcprojects/trunk fpcprojects
#
# lazarus
#
svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk lazarus
„
o ™he™k out — ˜r—n™hD repl—™e trunk in the —˜ove lines
with the ˜r—n™hesG`˜r—n™h n—mebF iFgF to ™he™k out the ˜r—n™h
(xes•P•RX

// to check out a branch replace trunk in the above lines with
branches/<branch name> E.g. To checkout the branches_2.4

5
\href{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v24/source/fpc.zip}{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v24/source/fpc.zip
6
\href{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v25/source/fpc.zip}{ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v25/source/fpc.zip
development series)}
(2.2.x)}
(2.5.x
CHAPTER 1.
BASE PRINCIPLES, NAMING, VERSIONS, REQUIREMENTS ETC
IQ
svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_4 fpc-2.4.x
ƒpe™i(™ rele—ses —re t—gged with — t—g th—t is form—ted like
‚ivieƒi•P•R•H D —nd ™—n ˜e ™he™ked out like thisX
svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/RELEASE_2_4_0 fpc-2.4.0

Best Regards,
pew