[fpc-pascal] Undefined symbols on mac

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sat Jan 22 11:06:02 CET 2011

Compiling my project results in a linker error on Mac. I couldn't find anything on google so perhaps someone can help me here.

I have pasted the error messages below. I'm using : Lazarus 0.9.31 r29068M FPC 2.4.2 i386-darwin-carbon

Regards, Darius

Undefined symbols:
  "_iconv_open", referenced from:
      _CWSTRING_INITTHREAD in cwstring.o
      _CWSTRING_INITTHREAD in cwstring.o
      _ICONVENC_ICONVERT$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$$LONGINT in iconvenc.o
  "_iconv_open", referenced from: _CWSTRING_INITTHREAD in cwstring.o _CWSTRING_INITTHREAD in cwstring.o _ICONVENC_ICONVERT$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$$LONGINT in iconvenc.o
      _CWSTRING_WIDE2ANSIMOVE$PWIDECHAR$ANSISTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o
      _CWSTRING_WIDE2ANSIMOVE$PWIDECHAR$ANSISTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o
      _CWSTRING_ANSI2WIDEMOVE$PCHAR$WIDESTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o
      _CWSTRING_ANSI2WIDEMOVE$PCHAR$WIDESTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o
      _ICONVENC_ICONVERT$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$$LONGINT in iconvenc.o
      _ICONVENC_ICONVERT$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$$LONGINT in iconvenc.o
      _ICONVENC_ICONVERT$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$$LONGINT in iconvenc.o
  "_iconv", referenced from: _CWSTRING_WIDE2ANSIMOVE$PWIDECHAR$ANSISTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o _CWSTRING_WIDE2ANSIMOVE$PWIDECHAR$ANSISTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o _CWSTRING_ANSI2WIDEMOVE$PCHAR$WIDESTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o _CWSTRING_ANSI2WIDEMOVE$PCHAR$WIDESTRING$LONGINT in cwstring.o _ICONVENC_ICONVERT$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$$LONGINT in iconvenc.o _ICONVENC_ICONVERT$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$$LONGINT in iconvenc.o _ICONVENC_ICONVERT$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$$LONGINT in iconvenc.o
      _CWSTRING_FINITHREAD in cwstring.o
      _CWSTRING_FINITHREAD in cwstring.o
      _ICONVENC_ICONVERT$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$$LONGINT in iconvenc.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
An error occurred while linking
Error: Error while linking