[fpc-pascal] Getting (local) domain info from DNS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 18:49:02 CET 2011

Is there a straightforward way of getting the SOA information for a
specific domain, typically the local one, from a DNS server?

As background, I'm looking for a way to perform a reasonable check of
the health of the local LAN, before trying to recover from a database
error caused either by a physical network problem or by server failure.
I can't speak for other types of connection, but
TPQConnection.Connected:=FALSE will sit there indefinitely if the
Ethernet plug is pulled out from the back of the computer.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk