[fpc-pascal] The new Delphi 2010 RTTI

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Jan 10 12:09:08 CET 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, alexvins at mail.ru wrote:

> 10.01.2011 13:50, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be пишет:

>>> But only for all processors, not for all existing combinations of
>>> processor and OS.
>>
>> You should re-read Florian's email, and *fully* understand the
>> consequences.
>>
>> Your proposal requires that we emulate all OSes on all other OSes, because
>> the basic package (rtl or whatever it will be called) always depends on the
>> OS. There is no way around this.
>>
> My solution, in short,  is that packages should have OS independent interface
> to RTL built into executable visible to packages as RTL built as c package
> (with is a bridge to real RTL).

I understood that. Assuming you can make this interface (which I don't
believe), your solution is still not realistic:

And how will you make a package that uses a os-specific function OS independent ?
(for instance, a package with a control that uses a WinAPI call.)

So a package with the LCL is by definition impossible.

Like I said, your proposal requires that we emulate all OSes on all other OSes.

Michael.