[fpc-pascal] The new Delphi 2010 RTTI

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 10 10:05:00 CET 2011

Am 09.01.2011 22:03, schrieb alexvins at mail.ru:
> 24.12.2010 17:31, Sven Barth пишет:
>>
>> Yeah... and only works on i386- and x86_64-linux.
>>
>> Runtime packages will come sooner or later, maybe not this year (ok...
>> that's hard to beat ^^) and maybe not next year. But when they come
>> they'll be implemented in a good cross platform way without such
>> hackish approaches like requiring Wine or some other big dependencies.
>>

> I mentioned WINE only as as example of possibility to use native
> binaries from one platform in another. FPC should use own format of
> dynamic library and own dynamic linker code embedded into executable.
> This solution could be crossplaform.

No, FPC should rely on the operating system for dynamic linking. There
is no use in duplicating a functionality that is already there. One
"just" needs to spot all problems that might arise on different
platforms when using dynamic libraries (e.g. symbol resolution on
Windows vs. ELF based systems).

Regards,
Sven