[fpc-pascal] error compiling lazarus

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at gmx.de
Sun Jan 2 22:45:43 CET 2011

On 01/02/11 20:17, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>
>>> i compiled it with the svn version of fpc and of lazarus.
>>> still the same error.
>>
>> I've been having problems on one particular machine over the last few
>> days which I suspect are down to inadequate RAM+swap- I think I've
>> only got around 512Mb total.
>
> This was on a SPARC/Linux system, it's not the same as the slow Solaris
> compilation I've been ranting about. A system with around 512Mb RAM+swap
> is having problems usually during linkage, while one with around 768Mb
> RAM+swap is OK.

I don't think i have a RAM problem.
I am running this on a

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9900  @ 3.06GHz
8GB RAM
ppcx64

i can reproduce the error with this little programm.
The programm still prints the "test1" and "test2".
And when he tryes to set the var Application it crashed in Line47.

<<<<<<<<<<<  test svn2revisioninc.pas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

program Svn2RevisionInc;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

uses
  Classes, CustApp;

type

  { TSvn2RevisionApplication }

  TSvn2RevisionApplication = class(TCustomApplication)
  private
    test : string;
  public
    constructor Create(TheOwner: TComponent); override;
    destructor Destroy; override;

    procedure Run;
  end;

var
  Application: TSvn2RevisionApplication = nil;

constructor TSvn2RevisionApplication.Create(TheOwner: TComponent);
begin
  inherited Create(TheOwner);
  test := 'test1';
  writeln(test);
  test := 'test2';
  writeln(test);
end;

destructor TSvn2RevisionApplication.Destroy;
begin
  inherited Destroy;
end;

procedure TSvn2RevisionApplication.Run;
begin
  exit;
end;

begin
  Application := TSvn2RevisionApplication.Create(nil);
  Application.Run;
  Application.Free;
end.