[fpc-pascal] Android calling JNI functions crash

de_jean_7777 de_jean_7777 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 15:35:15 CET 2011

On 15.2.2011 9:57, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> No idea, I always use Linux, but if no-one has a better idea, I would
> suggest that you try first using the linux cross-compiler, just to
> check if the crash is really related to the binutils.
>
> There are some instructions here:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Android_Interface#Configuring_the_Free_Pascal_Compiler_for_Android

I've successfully created a win32 crosscompiler. It was a matter of
passing the right parameters to as and ld which required creating hook
scripts (actually programs), and using the appropriate binutils, in this
case YAGARTO, but CodeSourcery ones should work too (did not test).
Luckily, Benjamin Rosseaux helped me with this or I've would have been
stuck at for longer. For gnu as I've passed the following parameters in
the as hookscript '-march=armv6 -meabi=5' and of course when compiling
the crosscompiler and programs the '-CpARMv6 -CfSOFT' parameters need to
be passed to fpc. I don't think there are any special parameters
required for ld, at least not for ARMv6 CPUs.