[fpc-pascal] Classes and class methods

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 11:58:49 CET 2011

Is it possible to put a class (not an instance) in a variable or array
element, and to use this to call a class method?

I'm defining a hierarchy of classes and it would be convenient if it
were possible to register the fact that a class had a particular
subclass, such that the information was available before instantiation.

I'm assuming that the code that inspects the array has imported all
units so is aware of the relevant class declarations, but I am still
having problems with calling class methods and/or casting to a class (as
distinct from an instance).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk