[fpc-pascal] wkhtmltopdf - trying use h2pas...

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 11:59:58 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:29, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:46 AM, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm using webkit for it, in pure pascal and the Qt binding.
> > No need to translate this program, it's not very hard to do it.
> > However because that my program is running in commercial environment and
> > created for specific client, I can not release it as open source.
>
> I do not know the webkit lib. I saw this project, tested and it is
> really good to convert html to pdf.
> The wkhtmltopdf is not a large dependency. Just a lib or binary...
>
> Did you code all call to webkit in Pascal? Any tips?

Webkit already translated to
Pascal<http://users.telenet.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/fpcqt4.html>,
and you use the API, and the amount of time to use the API is shorter then
the amount of time to translate the header files imho.

You need to load the page to the browser and use the printer api to print it
to pdf (you can also control how exactly it is done), and tell it where to
store the pdf.

> Marcos Douglas

Ido