[fpc-pascal] Map of values to array of records

Jiří Pavlovský jira at getnet.cz
Sun Dec 25 22:40:39 CET 2011

Hello,

how can I create two level map where value is array of  records? These
records are constant - I don't need to compute them or anything.
I'm quite new to pascal and for gods sake cannot figure it out. I tried
to use TFPGMap for that.

I mean somewhere in the code I get two values and based on these I need
to get those records.

my dream would be something like
myArrayOfRecords := myMap[some_value][other_value];

I even tried to write a function that would return array of records
based on its parameters, but that does not work either.
I cannot figure out how to assign the record.

This causes a compile error:
res[0] := (Field: 1; Empty: true; Check: false);

OTOH similar construct works in "const" section. So I'm quite puzzled.

Thank you