[fpc-pascal] TFPHTTPClient Post works with jetty, fails with tomcat

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 19 01:22:18 CET 2011

Hi,

For some reason TFPHTTPClient.Post hangs when accessing a "solr"
server over "tomcat". It works with "solr" over "jetty".
"curl" works fine with both, so I guess the tomcat server works
normally.

Here is the code:

    client:=TFPHTTPClient.Create(nil);
    client.RequestHeaders.Add('Content-Type: text/xml');
    client.RequestBody:=ms; // a TMemoStream with some xml to post
    client.Post(URL);

It hangs here:

procedure TFPCustomHTTPClient.ReadResponse
  else if L<0 then
    // No content-length, so we read till no more data available.
    Repeat
      R:=Transfer(ReadBufLen);
    until (R=0);

Is there a remedy?