[fpc-pascal] Shared libries

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 22:57:26 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 23:35, Torsten Bonde Christiansen <tc at epidata.dk>wrote:

>  Hi.
>
> I'm trying to create a shared library (under linux) and I not sure what the
> difference between the modifier *export* and the section *exports* is? Or
> perhaps
> when to use one and the other...

export means that you can control the name of a symbol in how it will be in
the elf file itself of the so.
So you call your original procedure Foo, but you export it as 'baz', so
using objdump in Linux, you'll find "baz" and not "Foo".

Exports, is the way to tell the compiler what are the symbols you wish to
make available for reuse in the so file itself, so I could bind to them.