[fpc-pascal] Re: Why is Random(255) some 529x slower compared Delphi 7?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:58:43 CET 2011

On 8 December 2011 18:35, Jürgen Hestermann  wrote:
> speed increase of computers is overcompensated by burdening more code on
> them (which is also a consequence of an attitude like yours).

+1

>If random() dominates your program it will do so in ten years too.

@Karl-Michael
Apparently the Random MT function was implement 10 year ago in FPC.
Ten years later it is still f**ken slow on a new Quad-Core system. So
how long exactly are we supposed to wait before we don't notice the
function being slow? As I said, that mentality is absolute rubbish!

  - Graeme -