[fpc-pascal] Why is Random(255) some 529x slower compared to Delphi 7?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:03:30 CET 2011

On 8 December 2011 09:50, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Actually those who depend on speed should have spoken up ten years ago
> when the MT was implemented.

I for one did not even know about the existence of Free Pascal 10 year
ago. I don't believe I am alone either.

On a side note:
As for Jonas doing the implementation. I think we should give the
correct person credit here. The current repository only goes back as
far as 2005-05-16 (fpc release 2.0.0). But I believe Jonas simply
added the existing Object Pascal implementation or MT to FPC  some 10
years ago, but the real implementor was:

 "Translated to OP and Delphi interface added by Roman Krejci (6.12.1999)"
      ---  system.inc (line 478)

Just so that we are "statistically correct" with the credits too. ;-)

  - Graeme -