[fpc-pascal] Abbrevia 5.0 released

Craig Peterson craig at scootersoftware.com
Wed Dec 7 16:37:29 CET 2011

Abbrevia 5.0 is now available.

Abbrevia is a data compression toolkit for Embarcadero Delphi, C++
Builder, and Kylix, and FreePascal. It supports PKZip, Microsoft CAB,
tar, gzip, bzip2 and zlib compression formats, and the creation of
self-extracting archives. It includes several visual components that
simplify displaying archives.

Abbrevia now officially supports FreePascal on Windows, OS X, and Linux,
both 32-bit and 64-bit.  It includes all changes from "fparchive" and,
due to the number of bugs fixed since that release, I strongly recommend
anyone using it upgrade.  The visual controls and SDK wrappers for LZMA,
PPMd, and WavPack are currently Delphi-only, but I'd welcome any
assistance to fix that.

This release adds a number of new features and support for more platforms:

  * RAD Studio XE2 support, including both 64-bit Windows and OS X
  * FreePascal support on Windows, OS X, and Linux
  * TAbTreeView and TAbListView VCL controls that provide an
Explorer/WinZip-like interface
  * ZIP64 support, for archives larger than 2GB
  * Improved split/spanned zip support
  * Expanded LZMA support
  * Unicode filenames in tar and gzip archives

This is a source-only release. It includes design-time and run-time
packages for Delphi 6 through Delphi XE2, C++Builder 2009 through XE2,
and Kylix 3.  FreePascal is supported, but runtime/design time packages
are not included.  It is licensed under the Mozilla Public License, v1.1.

Abbrevia website:
http://tpabbrevia.sourceforge.net/

Release download:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tpabbrevia/files/Abbrevia%205.0.zip/download