[fpc-pascal] XMLXSDExport: line ending in Excel cells

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 12:32:59 CEST 2011

Hi list,

I've been refactoring the XMLXSDExport code and am now busy fixing some
bugs based on testing.

I'd appreciate your input.
In Excel text fields, you can generate a line ending by pressing
Alt-Enter. On export to XML this is written as

So far so good.

If exporting dataset text (memo, string, ..) data to Excel XML text
fields, which characters do I need to convert to

1. Carriage return + linefeed (#13#10)
2. Linefeed (#10)
3. All occurrences of #10 and #13#10
4. Value of LineEnding constant

My reasoning: it shouldn't matter on which platform you're accessing a
database, so we should treat both #13#10 and #10 equally, so I'd choose
option 3.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Reinier