[fpc-pascal] Re: RE : RE : RE : Assigning value to ftVariant datatype& varbytes-still stuck

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:06:34 CEST 2011

On 9-8-2011 12:17, Ludo Brands wrote:
> I created a patch for ftVariant, ftBytes and ftVarBytes support as well as a
> check for supported types and attached it to the issue. Feel free to extend
> your tests with it ;)
Applied patch in fpc source, make clean, make all make install for FPC,
make for Lazarus, rescan fpc source directory, recompile test project.

Still get access violations.
(ftVariant, ftVarbytes set to size 10, then assigning all kinds of
strings to it using .AsString)

Could you have a look at the test code now - I might still be doing
something really stupid.
The commit where the files are readded, you can download the test code
there:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpc_laz_patch_playground/changeset/6be7ed0edb4b

(It seems getting the value from the ftVariant field gives an access
violation, but I'm not sure)

Thanks,
Reinier

Some output from the test:
*** Starting to fill row 1
<snip>
Field: ftString_256 has value Douglas Adams less than: < greater than
> tab:	crlf:
åœ‹ç¼ºç•Œå¹¿æ¬ å»£ç•Œç•Œä¸œç¼º. Haddock drinks rosé (ros, e accent
aigu), водка (wodka cyrillic) and ούζο (ouzo Greek) but prefers
Loch Lomond whiskey.
Field: ftTime has value 23:59:59
Field: ftTypedBinary has value
Field: ftVariant: error retrieving value:
EAccessViolation; detailed error message: Access violation
Field: ftVarBytes has value Douglas Ad
<snip>
EAccessViolation; detailed error message: Access violat Time:00.027 N:8
E:7 F:0 I:0
  Ttestxmlxsdexport1 Time:00.027 N:8 E:7 F:0 I:0
    00.003  TestXSDExport_Access_NoXSD_Decimal  Error: EAccessViolation
      Exception:   Access violation
      Source unit:
      Method name:
      Line number: 574
    00.003  TestXSDExport_Access_NoXSD_NoDecimal  Error: EAccessViolation
      Exception:   Access violation
      Source unit:
      Method name:
      Line number: 574
    00.004  TestXSDExport_Access_XSD_Decimal  Error: EAccessViolation
      Exception:   Access violation
      Source unit:
      Method name:
      Line number: 574
    00.004  TestXSDExport_Access_XSD_NoDecimal  Error: EAccessViolation
      Exception:   Access violation
      Source unit:
      Method name:
      Line number: 574
    00.003  TestXSDExport_ADONET_NoXSD  Error: EAccessViolation
      Exception:   Access violation
      Source unit:
      Method name:
      Line number: 574
    00.003  TestXSDExport_ADONET_XSD  Error: EAccessViolation
      Exception:   Access violation
      Source unit:
      Method name:
      Line number: 574
    00.003  TestXSDExport_DelphiClientDataset  Error: EAccessViolation
      Exception:   Access violation
      Source unit:
      Method name:
      Line number: 574
    00.004  TestXSDExport_Excel

Number of run tests: 8
Number of errors:    7
Number of failures:  0

List of errors:
  Error:
    Message:
Ttestxmlxsdexport1.TestXSDExport_Access_NoXSD_Decimal: Access violation
    Exception class:   EAccessViolation
    Exception message: Access violation
    Source unitname:
    Line number:       574
    Failed methodname:

  Error:
    Message:
Ttestxmlxsdexport1.TestXSDExport_Access_NoXSD_NoDecimal: Access violation
    Exception class:   EAccessViolation
    Exception message: Access violation
    Source unitname:
    Line number:       574
    Failed methodname:

  Error:
    Message:
Ttestxmlxsdexport1.TestXSDExport_Access_XSD_Decimal: Access violation
    Exception class:   EAccessViolation
    Exception message: Access violation
    Source unitname:
    Line number:       574
    Failed methodname:

  Error:
    Message:
Ttestxmlxsdexport1.TestXSDExport_Access_XSD_NoDecimal: Access violation
    Exception class:   EAccessViolation
    Exception message: Access violation
    Source unitname:
    Line number:       574
    Failed methodname:

  Error:
    Message:           Ttestxmlxsdexport1.TestXSDExport_ADONET_NoXSD:
Access violation
    Exception class:   EAccessViolation
    Exception message: Access violation
    Source unitname:
    Line number:       574
    Failed methodname:

  Error:
    Message:           Ttestxmlxsdexport1.TestXSDExport_ADONET_XSD:
Access violation
    Exception class:   EAccessViolation
    Exception message: Access violation
    Source unitname:
    Line number:       574
    Failed methodname:

  Error:
    Message:
Ttestxmlxsdexport1.TestXSDExport_DelphiClientDataset: Access violation