[fpc-pascal] Assigning value to ftVariant datatype& varbytes-still stuck

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Tue Aug 9 12:17:54 CEST 2011

> On 7-8-2011 19:50, Ludo Brands wrote:
> > TBufDataset doesn't support ftVarBytes and ftVariant. Variants are
> > complex objects and aren't stored by just copying bytes. Don't use
> > them with TBufDataset.
> >
> > Ludo
> >
> ... cause they have some kind of structure that describes
> what kind of data the variable/field actually contains and a
> pointer to memory containing the actual data? Just guessing...
>
> Anyway, once again thanks a lot for the help, I've updated my
> test code and posted http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19930

I created a patch for ftVariant, ftBytes and ftVarBytes support as well as a
check for supported types and attached it to the issue. Feel free to extend
your tests with it ;)

Also a change in fpXMLXSDExport line 388:

      Fanode := Foutputdoc.Createtextnode(Utf8decode(EF.Field.AsString));

Instead of

      Fanode :=
Foutputdoc.Createtextnode(Encodestringbase64(EF.Field.AsString));

The format was defined as string before.

Ludo