[fpc-pascal] web app and application persistency

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 18:00:03 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Andrew Brunner
> <andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I agree with this one.  The only thing I could add would be AJAX &
>> WebSockets for really advanced applications.
>
> Do WebSockets allow to use TCP sockets in JavaScript or is it something else?

WebSockets are persistent connections that never close unless
directed.  Plus the server can push data over the socket and the
client can process data on an event basis.

HTTPRequest is query response.   WebSockets is asynchronous and
perfect for event driven programming over the web.