[fpc-pascal] Cross Compiling from Linux to a Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6 target. How?

Bruce Tulloch bruce at causal.com
Mon Aug 1 14:36:31 CEST 2011

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I have a Mac on which I can run a native FPC/Lazarus environment for
debugging purposes. My goal here is to add a cross compiling build for
OS X along side existing Linux and Win32/64 targets so all our OS and
CPU targets can be rebuilt at once.

So, from what I gather, I can copy the SDK across from my (Leopard) Mac
to the Linux build machine and I have found odcctools:

  http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/odcctools/trunk/

so I should be able to build the toolchain (as, ld).

I don't need -Xg/dsymutils (because I using this as build system only)
and I can add a clause to /etc/fpc.cfg to include the necessary search
paths.

I'll give it a go and report back.

-b