[fpc-pascal] FPImage and GetDataLineStart

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Fri Apr 22 13:19:09 CEST 2011

Am 22.04.2011 12:58, schrieb Sven Barth:
>> No. He can define a record helper operator. The question is simple: do
>> we want generics behave like macros or more like .Net generics. Some
>> hybrid approach is imo wrong.
>
> Before I forget it: Why do you think that a hybrid approach is wrong?

I meant a semantical hybrid approach, not technical because Users want
simply rules how things work. So the rule: "only symbols available
during generic definition time are available during specialization" is a
simple rule. Every exception like: but operators are available as well
are hard to understand for a user.