[fpc-pascal] Re: stripping HTML

Ralf Junker ralfjunker at gmx.de
Sun Apr 17 17:13:03 CEST 2011

On 17.04.2011 16:30, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

>> Yes, that looks perfect. I wouldn't even have a problem with the license
>> or with paying for it, and I even still have D7. However, my program has
>> to run on our Debian 64-bit servers.
>
> You could contact the authors and say that you would like to buy a
> license if it works in FPC linux-x86-64

I am the author of DIHtmlParser.

I do not know if DIHtmlParser compiles and works in FPC linux-x86-64
because I do not have that environment available for testing.
Unfortunately, low demand for that platform does not justify setting it
up and supporting it on a regular basis.

I can say, however, that the latest version source code is Pascal only
and compiles on FPC Win32 without platform warnings. But I do suspect
that it will need a few IFDEFs to make it Linux compatible. If so, I
would of course be glad to add any to the code so they will be available
in future versions.

However, having read Stefan's more detailed, off-topic requirements
description, I'd rather suggest that they come up with their own HTML
parser and text filter. It sounds too specific to me to be handled by
any standard component already available.

Ralf