[fpc-pascal] Installing FPC 2.5.1 in Mac OS X

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:46:31 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to install FPC 2.5.1 in Mac OS X. So I tryed this steps:

1> I have FPC 2.4.2 working fine

2>

cd fpctrunk
make clean
make all
sudo make install

3> In Lazarus set the new compiler to /usr/local/bin/fpc/2.5.1/ppc386

4> Build LCL-Cocoa (works fine)

5> Build a trivial LCL project, I get somethink like this as an error:
Cannot find Resource Compiler fpcres

But it is in my path =o

So I tryed to compile with -va And I got nothing helpful ...

I removed all {$R } statements from my project and it didn't help.

Any ideas?

I'll try again something at home, but now I'm at work, so because of
that I cannot copy exact error messages. Just though that maybe
someone will have an idea for me to try at home...

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho