[fpc-pascal] Font reading library

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Fri Apr 1 22:31:12 CEST 2011

Am 01.04.11 18:52, schrieb dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl:
>   On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:44:02 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt
>   <michael at freepascal.org>  wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Apr 2011, Darius Blaszyk wrote:
>>
>>> As it happens, I stumbled across this one just now. Supposedly this
>>> is a native freetype implementation. I did not check it out yet, so if
>>> you get to it, please let me know how it works for you. I'm also
>>> interested in implementing this for you own library.
>>>

>>> http://www.koders.com/delphi/fidEAE4D251909342259720229735A9CBF6C74B15AB.aspx?s=delphi+freetype#L40
>> Hm. It would be good to have this as an alternative to freetype in
>> fcl-image.
>> Is it still maintained ?
>   I doubt it. The freetype library originates from here:
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/fornix/ as far as I can tell. The last
>   release from this project is already more than 3y old.
>   But I agree, it would be interesting to have it included.
>
>   Darius
So far i can remeber, this is the original old Freetype source in pascal,
(It was originally written in pascal and then rewritten in C).
It's not maintained anymore - but imho has nothing todo with fornix ?
(Have a look at : http://www.freetype.org/freetype1/index.html,
and the name of the authors ...)

helmut