[fpc-pascal] Is Delphi7 on Windows to FPC on embedded Linux possible?

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 13:41:39 CEST 2010

On 24 September 2010 23:17, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> 2) Display control screens in a GUI way with standard controls (buttons, text boxes, radio buttons etc). This would be the new user interface for the instrument.
>
> 3) Display data graphically (curves, pie charts etc). We need to improve on the on-board datat display a lot....

The amount of effort of these points depends on the configuration of
your operating system.  If you'd like to keep it fairly light weight,
you can try fpgui or mseide+msegui, which talk directly to the X
server (assuming you have an X server running, otherwise you'll have
to talk to the frame buffer or use sdl).  Lazarus targets the heavier
widgetsets, but I've seen posts about using it with embedded Qt, which
may suit you well.  I also don't know if anyone has tried the gtk
framebuffer port, which also looks interesting.

I can at least confirm that I've managed to cross compile and demo
fpgui on an embedded linux system with an lcd.

Henry