[fpc-pascal] Re: setting variables with DWARF in gdb

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 13:31:30 CEST 2010

On 30 October 2010 13:27, Jonas Maebe  wrote:

> Reverse execution does not involve recompiling nor restarting the application either.

Yes I understand that, but what I have done, should work on Windows as
well as Linux, irrespective in GDB supports it or not.

> Simply changing EIP is less safe that reverse execution, because it does not roll back changes to memory or other registers that may be important.

True, but for what I need it, simply changing the value of a variable,
and re-executing a function using that variable, it works perfectly.
This is a quick and easy way to test a function using different
values, while you are debugging a issue with that function.

  - Graeme -