[fpc-pascal] Re: Re: TPLY

Paul Nicholls paulfnicholls at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 00:24:35 CEST 2010

"Brian Winfrey" <bwcode4u at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:AANLkTinQ5BGnuLg05NYuizL8bPoxDeNu3oFYUqHNPagK at mail.gmail.com...
Thank you, What techiniques have you used in the past that you could
share to get me started?

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 8:04 PM, leledumbo
<leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id> wrote:

> Learn compilation technique, a recursive descent parser should be easy to
> understand and code instead of learning automatic lexer and parser
> generator. Plus, structurally, Java is a very simple language, so AST
> transformation should be easy. With FPC 2.5.1, almost all Java constructs
> can be directly translated to FPC dialect, minus anonymous inner class
> only
> AFAIK.

I would start with this site to learn how to create recursive descent
parsers using Pascal :)

http://compilers.iecc.com/crenshaw/

Using this information as a starting point, I have created pascal-like
script languages (compiled to byte code), and pascal-like HL language
compiled to virtual machine ML instructions :)

cheers,
Paul