[fpc-pascal] Re: Multi-threaded project with few locks (no Thread.waitfor). Memory consumption keeps increasing on Ubuntu 10.10 x64

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Oct 16 00:17:33 CEST 2010

In our previous episode, Vinzent H?fler said:
> Hmm. Actually, I did not think too hard about it yet.
>
> So for a quick brainstorming approach:
>
> - Suspend/Resume should be gone (you can't guarantee it to work,
>    so there's no point in doing it at all)

Your wish is my command :-) As of now they are deprecated in 2.5.1

The methods suspend and resume are deprecated, and a new method "start" has
been added to be able to start a suspended-on-creation thread.

Trunk contains .start since april, so FPC 2.4.2 will contain this method
start (but doesn't add the deprecated modifiers to resume and suspend,
something that I did just now, and update http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_Trunk )