[fpc-pascal] Re: Multi-threaded project with few locks (no Thread.waitfor). Memory consumption keeps increasing on Ubuntu 10.10 x64

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 17:39:59 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> First of all, if you use tthread.create(true) (i.e., create a suspended
> thread), then the "execute" method will never be called:

BTW: I did notice that the semaphore was being used to suspend the
thread.  And I also know that that was it's only function... Suspend
and Resume.  At this point I would suggest we can do one of two
things:

1.) take pthreads and re-build with access to a semaphore that it
probably has (again I assume) or call method to trigger same
functionality to suspend thread via pThreads.

or

2.) take pthreads and port line by line into FPC so we make calls to
either kernel or libc.