[fpc-pascal] Building FPC with debug information

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 02:58:21 CEST 2010

I was reading on building FPC with debug enabled so I can trace into a
unit and found that it was way too difficult to find the parameters.
I know I had at one time edited the wiki page once I learned how to do
it but to my surprise that info was either lost/moved or too hard to
navigate and the search engines came up with too much information.

The build faq as a PDF on building FPC with the options and it never
mentioned anything about adding DEBUG=1 to the make command.
Presently I see -dDEBUG and -dRELEASE messages as fpc compiles itself.
 What is the propper way to take out the RELEASE directive?

Thanks