[fpc-pascal] Re: Multi-threaded project with few locks (no Thread.waitfor). Memory consumption keeps increasing on Ubuntu 10.10 x64

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 21:27:32 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> FPC doesn't have anything to say about CPU allocation. The threads are
> created by the C pthread library and Linux kernel.
> They do the heavy work.

Is it possible I have the pthread library in some sort of debug mode
that is slowing down the process of thread creation?

What is needed to get directly to kernel api to /queue
events/create/destroy/suspend/resume threads?

Are there any alternatives to the cthreads unit?

Thank for the help Michael.