[fpc-pascal] Detecting what is the linux distro

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 08:15:51 CEST 2010

On 11 October 2010 20:51, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's sad to see that there is no specific way to get this information on all
> distro's but at least I can get it on the most used distros out there.

A general problem under Linux (and it's hundreds of distros). That is
why I think it is so important to support freedesktop.org and LSB
Foundation (Linux Standards Base). They are trying really hard to
resolve these problems, *plus* make it easier for software developers
to integrate there applications. Luckily the most popular distros
(covering probably 90% of linux usage) do try and follow those
standards.

  - Graeme -