[fpc-pascal] How to get to Range Check Error location

Martin fpc at mfriebe.de
Sun Oct 3 22:37:15 CEST 2010

  On 03/10/2010 21:20, Juha Manninen (gmail) wrote:
>>> I think this is an issue I reported back in March, though I can now see
>>> I uploaded the wrong patch for it
>> Sorry - meant to add: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=16132
> I reported it already earlier as issue
>   #17537: Debugger: added a typecast to prevent a range check error
>
> I added your issue as a duplicate. Our patches are different but both work
> (although mine is shorter :-)
>
> Anyway this is a good example of a valid Lazarus patch that is ignored, again.
> :-(

CCed to lazarus list, as it's lazarus now.

Juha: did Marc say, he wanted it, or did you just assign it because it's
debugger? (e.g. in the later, I don't mind taking it over)

btw: I would modify the shorter patch, and introduce a type (similar
like there is PtrInt)
   TDbgPtrInt = 64

declared at the same location as TDbgPtr is declared => if someone
changes TDbgPtr, then they should see (and change) the new type too.