[fpc-pascal] How to get to Range Check Error location

Juha Manninen (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 16:26:56 CEST 2010

On Saturday 02 October 2010 16:22:02 Honza wrote:
> I just tried and can confirm that a LCL app running inside Lazarus
> (r27491), having turned on range checks is able to perfectly catch and
> show the place of an range check error (Ubuntu 10.04/AMD64). What I've
> not tried, but suggest to try, is to open the Lazarus project in
> Lazarus and run it as the tes app I'm talking above. Maybe then it
> will show nicely also the range check error sources in Lazarus itself.

I tested with your code and yes, Lazarus places the cursor to the correct
line. In addition it shows the RunError and the Assembly window just like when
debugging Lazarus.

My Lazarus is now built using the Configure Build Lazarus Window.
I will build it throught the lazarus.lpi project later and tell what happens.

Hmmm...  maybe Lazarus is too big for FPC and it chokes...
Or maybe Lazarus is too big for itself :-)

Juha