[fpc-pascal] How to get to Range Check Error location

Juha Manninen (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 11:15:17 CEST 2010

Hi

I asked this on Lazarus list but it belongs better here.
So, how to get to the source line that gives a range check error?

I built the whole Lazarus with -Cr and debug it. When the range error happens,
it only shows a RunError or similar and doesn't show me the faulty source
line.
When closing Lazarus I get many notes like this:
  Call trace for block $00007F8404FF23E0 size 55
  $... hex numbers ...

I tried running under gdb but it didn't give any meaningful output either.

Maybe I have missed some setting? How do other people check for range error in
a big project?
In a smaller project it is not a problem because you can debug into the point
where the error happens.

I have a 64-bit Linux.

Juha