[fpc-pascal] Building FPC trunk on XP win64

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Nov 25 11:18:26 CET 2010

In our previous episode, Birger Jansen said:
> The make process goes on for a while, but stops befor it finishes. During
> the make process I get a lot of these warnings: "WARNING: bash couldn't
> find /tmp, please create one!".  However, the TMP environment variable is
> set so I don't know why it complains about that.  I have followed the same
> steps before on a win32 machine without problems.

Well, bash is probably the problem. FPC doesn't provide bash, so somehow
unix utilities from some other set were used (cygwin,mingw) and they
complain that they don't run in their own environment.

To test this, sanitize your PATH so that only Windows and FPC related dirs
are in the PATH and try again.