[fpc-pascal] Initialize/Finalize with count, is it possible?

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 01:08:10 CET 2010

Hi,

I just noticed that fpc when compiling in lazarus didn't allow me to use
Initialize/Finalize with the parameter showing the number of records to
initialize. Interesting, but I have a huge number of delphi sources using
this syntax, something like

        FillChar(Section^, Count*ElementSize, 0);
        Initialize(TNameValueRec(Section^), Count);

This is because I have a variant of "array of" object implementation and it
uses support tool, and when the user checks "Record contains strings", this
line is appended

Is possible for such syntax to be supported? Probably I'm one of those rare
developer using it, and maybe because of this I just have to make some patch
by myself, suggesting the result to be committed :). Please let me know if
it's possible.

Also, if reporting a bug/feature request is welcome, should I do some
changes to this ticket:
  http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=4825&nbn=1
or create a new one?

Thanks in advance,