[fpc-pascal] Re: [admin] List moderation (was: Is it posible to implement more than one interface in a class defination?)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Nov 14 21:38:38 CET 2010

On 14 Nov 2010, at 17:49, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> By all means, if it will make you feel
> better/happier, then why not simply unsubscribe or band my from all
> FPC and Lazarus related mailing lists while you are at it.

It has nothing to do with with how I feel, although I can't say that I appreciate off-list moderation messages being quoted partially back to the list. I don't hold a grudge against you and there are obviously several areas where you do make useful contributions to the lists (e.g., helping people with fpgui). There is however a problem if more and more threads that you participate in end up as flame wars, draining energy from everyone involved, and even from other people too.

For now, messages from you to fpc-pascal and fpc-devel will require moderator approval.

Jonas
FPC mailing lists admin

Below is the complete message I originally sent to Graeme in private.

Graeme,

Please don't spread FUD. There are several projects that make heavy use of interfaces that work fine with FPC (e.g. Zeoslib). Yes, interface delegation is not finished (other than that, interfaces work fine afaik) and you are extremely unhappy with the way FPC is developed in general (and probably with several core developers in particular), but sending messages like the one below does not help anyone.

It's getting to the point where several people are getting really beat down and demotivated by your constant enmity (apart from comments on the mailing lists, I've also received a number of private mails about this, especially after the "interface scoping" thread on fpc-devel). If things continue like this, I will start holding all of your mails for moderation and only allow them through on a case-by-case basis, because the current situation is not tenable.

And to clarify: the problem is not criticising as such. Other people, such as Martin Schreiber, also regularly criticise FPC and I'm not aware of anyone having any problems with him. It's how you do that.

Jonas
FPC mailing lists moderator