[fpc-pascal] Re: Endian issues when porting FPC programs from x86 to other platforms

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 23:49:03 CET 2010

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:53:21 +0100, Vinzent Höfler
<JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 21:39:31 +0100, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
><felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Thanks, that helps a lot! Are there also overloaded BEtoN functions
>>> for floating point values?
>>
>> I think that single and double have always the same binary layout.
>
>Mostly, I'd guess. But I wouldn't count on that.

I know for sure that on the Motorola system the floats are 4 bytes
(single precision) and have to be swapped in order to be used on
Windows. I have done it on Delphi already so I know this is a fact.
So now I need to find an endian corrector working with floating point
values as well...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden