[fpc-pascal] Re: Reading MDB (MS-Access) data under Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:14:23 CET 2010

Op 2010-11-01 14:34, Bo Berglund het geskryf:

> Just tacking on the other MS database MSSQLServer:
> Is it possible to also work with MS SQLServer databases via ODBC on

I would imagine the only obstacle in that would be to find a ODBC MS-SQL
Server driver for Linux.  EasySoft has one listed, but I don't know if it's
for Linux and if it's commercial/free.

  http://www.easysoft.com

As for accessing the MDB file via ODBC under Linux. No matter what I tried,
I couldn't connect to it. I installed all the mentioned apps and packages,
but no luck. I did find a MDB File Viewer app though, so I opened my MDB
file, and simply exported the tables I need to CSV files. My app will
process them from there...

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/