[fpc-pascal] TThread descendant with public events

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 09:57:21 CET 2010

Hi,

What is the rules regarding a TThread descendants and public events. I
created a thread that has OnXXX events. These events are triggered in the
Execute method of that event.

Now my main event (which manages the application GUI) hooked into these
event by implementing event handlers. Those event handlers take the data
from the event and updates a StringGrid.

Is this safe to do?

Must the thread execute the event via a Synchronize() call, or is it now
needed? The reason I'm not sure here, is because the thread doesn't actuall
update the GUI component (stringgrid in this example) directly, it just
triggers the event.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/